Community Center General Information
A true grass roots effort dating back to the 1920s, the Community Center serves to create community connections and increase the quality of life for all Greater Lafayette residents. No matter the age, our programs are engineered to enable all to learn, grow and flourish.
- Youth Development
- Community Partners
- Victim Advocacy Program (VOCA)
- Teens Affecting Change Today (TACT)
- Teen Court
- Food Pantry-In partnership with Church Women United
Bauer Community Center has three main goals:
- Youth Development-Our services are designed to address the complex issues facing youth in our community today. Elementary through high school age students receive recreation, education and leadership building opportunities through a structured and balanced curriculum.
- Emergency Assistance-Bauer Community Center continues to be an anchor for at-risk families living in Lafayette's downtown south side. By meeting area families and individuals at their most basic level of need, these programs assist with the crisis and then educate and provide resources. Food, shelter, clothing and safety are all issues that are addressed at this facility.
- Community Partnerships-To fulfill community goals, Bauer Community Center programs collaborate with area service providers. Bauer Community Center is working towards minimizing the negative impacts of poverty, mental illness, addiction and abuse. Through educational programs and youth activities, the community center acts as a resource to connect children and families with the essential necessities and training for long-term change.
Bauer Community Center Video